Orienteering Tasmania has an agreement with the Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service to conduct orienteering events on Reserved and Crown land.
This agreement is reviewed and renewed each year. This means we do not need to seek permission for each event, but we do need to inform the relevant park manager at least four weeks before the event, and abide by some regulations. The maps that come under this agreement and the contact details for the park managers are listed on the agreement (which you can find on the Organiser's Toolkit of course - did I mention that before?).
· Inform relevant park manager at least four weeks before the event
· Abide by any restrictions they request
· Inform competitors to clean their running shoes
· Make sure all equipment is clean and free of soil
· Avoid raptor nests from 1 August – 31 January (see the LIST map for next locations)
· Do not drive off formed roads