Regular orienteering is starting up again on July 19, but to comply with government regulations there will be changes to the way orienteering in Tasmania takes place. Key changes you need to know about before you go to an event are:
- Entry to all events is only by pre-entry - there will be no ‘Enter on the Day’ or payment on the day. Pre-entries will close on the Wednesday night prior to the event. For those who have not previously pre-entered we will soon have a ‘How to pre-enter’ guide available on the OT website.
- Bring your own water - no water will be available on the course or at the assembly area
- Bring your own snacks/lunch - no catering will be available
- Social distancing and a range of hygiene measures will be enforced
- Conditions of entry for all participants have changed to ensure anyone with symptoms, recent contact with a COVID-19 case or have travelled overseas recently will not be able to participate