- Event Organisation Guidelines - Summary of what you need to do including timelines
- Course Planning Guidelines - The art of setting challenging but fair courses
- Event Series and Types Guidelines - Includes course setting details for OST events
- New Membership Arrangements for Event Organisers 2016-2017 - How to deal with membership at events
- General OT policy and guidelines can be found in the Orienteering Tasmania Operational Manual.
Permission, Access and Safety
- Draft letter to Landowners seeking access
- Certificate of Currency for 2017 (Public Liability Insurance)
- Sample Risk Assessment for Orienteering Event
- Authority to Conduct Orienteering Events on Reserved and Crown Land 2017
- OT Event Safety Policy
- Current Safety Agreements: (link to separate page with Agreements list eg HCC)
Preparing your Courses and Maps
- AutoDownload and Condes - Guides to software that you will be using
- OST Class and Course Groupings for Condes 2016-2017 (revised 18/3/16) - Use this zipped up Condes file to import OST course and class groupings into Condes before adding your controls and setting your courses.
- Control Code Allocations: Use the SI control station numbers allocated to your event.
Preparing the 'Event Information Flyer'
- The 'Information Flyer' needs to be prepared a few weeks in advance of the event so that it can be added to Eventor and used for creating news items for the website and bulletin.
- Download the Event Information Flyer Template (revised 9 July 17), complete it and send it to the email addresses listed at the top of the template.
- For OST events you can copy the OST Courses and Classes table for 2016-2017 (revised 18/3/16) and past it into the template.
Printouts needed on the Day
- Download and edit the template for Todays Event information to be used on sandwich board at the event.
- OT Member list: Print out a copy of the current membership list just prior to your event so you know on the day who is a casual or full member. Please obtain this from the Membership Officer
After the Event - Backup AutoDownload, email file for Result Publishing
- The OT statistician or webmaster will then ensure that these results are posted in Winsplits and also in Eventor. The results and splits links will automatically appear on the OT website under 'results' at the end of the day.