To participate in any orienteering event in Tasmania you must become either a Casual or Club Member of OT and accept the Orienteering Waiver For Events.
Casual membership provides the following benefits:
- Casual Membership is Free
- Allows participation in any event
- Subscription to the weekly emailed newsletter (can opt out at any time)
- Online access to the quarterly national magazine The Australian Orienteer
- Opportunity to volunteer & insurance as a volunteer
Club membership involves joining a club for a small fee but there are significant advantages to joining a club. Enjoy the same benefits as a casual member plus:
- FREE Club membership might be available to you or your family members. Click here to find out more!
- Discounted Entry Fees for all events
- Becoming a part of a club community
- Group fitness and technical (skills) training opportunities (for example the Monday Afternoon Training Sessions)
- Option to get a hard copy of The Australian Orienteer
- Eligibility for State Schools, State and National Teams
- Eligibility for places in the Tasmanian Sprint, Middle and Long Championships
Club Membership is valid per calendar year, ending on 31 December (However - from 1 October, membership will be valid until the end of the following calendar year). The membership types and fees are:
- Adult Membership $50
- Junior Membership $25 20 years or younger as at 31 December in the year of membership
- Concession Membership $25 Full Time Student or a holder of a Pension or Centrelink Healthcare Card
- Family Membership $125 (includes parents, step-parents or guardians and their children aged 20 years or younger as at 31 December in the year of membership)
- Junior Membership Plus Free Local Event Entry $90 (a new type of membership for juniors that provides Club membership, free entry to all local events and discounted entry to state-wide 'OST' events - ideal for a junior orienteer who attends lots of local events and is not part of a ‘family membership’. Click this link for more information
There are three clubs in Tasmania: Pathfinders (Devonport), Esk Valley Orienteering Club (Launceston) and Australopers (Hobart). You can join and pay online following the instructions HERE. Alternatively download an Orienteering membership form and bring it to your next event along with a cash payment.