JT Squad 2017
Held mostly Sundays (some Saturdays) at the events below.
Sessions run for about 30 minutes.
After the session – do your course.
Friendships, fun and fitness
Meet others who enjoy orienteering, learn how to navigate better and be active outdoors.
Sessions – 9:30 am
29 March Last Term 1 Schools Series Event*
9 April Five Mile Beach, Hobart
7 May Wild Dog Creek, Buckland
21 May Royal George, FingalValley
27 May Map Unknown, Hobart
4 June Campania, Campania
24 June Map Unknown, Hobart
2 July Peter Murrell Res, Hobart
16 July Risdon Brook Dam, Hobart
6 Aug Five Mile Beach, Hobart
26 Aug St Virgils, Hobart**
9 Sep Uplands, Launceston**
17 Sep Coningham, Hobart
1 Nov First Term 4 Schools Series Event*
* Schools Series Events are in Hobart & are not JT Squad Sessions - listed FYI
** These weekends have events on the Sunday as well as the Saturday.
JT Squad is for upper primary and high school/college students (from grade 5). It’s not an elite squad. There are no performance based criteria – you can be new to orienteering.
You do not have to attend every JT Squad session, just as many as you can.
· Qualified Coaches
· Group Coaching Sessions
· Orienteering Thumb Compass
· Training Top
· Membership of a club of your choice that covers your whole family (entitlement to discounted event entry fees) (existing OT family members are eligible for this benefit as well – you don’t pay twice)
JT Squad sessions are conducted by qualified youth aged coaches.
Orienteering events are open to all. Your parents and siblings can take part while you train. There will be a coach on hand to help them out.
$125 for one child
$45 for each additional child
Plus, you will need to:
· pay event entry fees (usually $5); and
· purchase an SI card (timing device) from $15 – unless you already have one.
How to Join
Contact Miriam Whittington: